Monday, June 9, 2008

Gross.

Um, so I just got back from a trip to the restroom. While I was in there, a girl in another stall was talking on the phone to a boy. She was giggling, saying "I love you....well, I love you more...nope, more than that...", etc.

WHO DOES THIS???

Seriously? I mean, okay, maaaaybe at home. Fine. But in the public toilet at work?

As I was walking back to my desk, I joined up in the hall with my friend Steve. I asked him if he's ever experienced anything like this in the men's room. According to him, this happens even more frequently in the men's room. AND, apparently the guys in our office are prone to taking reading materials in there and then just leaving them.

Am I the crazy one here? Am I insane for just wanting to go to the restroom, then wanting to leave right after? Are there a multitude of educational and social opportunities I'm missing out on because I don't enjoy hanging out in the restroom any longer than I have to?

Maybe next time I go, I'll play the kazoo while I pee. I'm not exactly sure what that will accomplish, but for some reason it sounds amusing.

3 comments:

K said...

Finally, something more disgusting and troublesome than a certain high-level staff member that never washers their hands.

Anonymous said...

In the men's room I usually answer my cell phone if I'm mid-pee only if it's somebody important where it might be an emergency. And that's only to see if something's on fire or there are family body parts missing. If everything's okay, I tell them I'll call back later.

The funniest/weirdest/grossest thing was years ago when a certain "very high ranking" person and I were meeting in his office. The meeting was mainly him laying out a plan for something he wanted me to do. He got up and left his office but kept talking to me. Never once said "follow me" - just got up and kept talking. So I followed him. Into the bathroom.

Still talking, he went in a stall, closed it, started doing his business, AND KEPT TALKING. My part of the conversation was saying things like "uh-huh" and "yes, I'm still here. See my feet?" But the worst part was when somebody else walked in and saw my "meeting" taking place. I never felt like such a lackey.

Anonymous said...

Have you heard about the list? There is a list of people who DO NOT wash their hands floating around the office. I think your name is on it....

:)