Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tales of the absurd, part deux.

I thought every Wal-Mart sold fish. How could I have been so horribly wrong? Apparently they don't, and despite the fact there already 3 living creatures in my 1100 sq ft. apartment, I desperately want a fish.

My roommate, of course, does not. I told her I wanted one and she went on a ten minute diatribe about how she doesn't particularly want a fish, because she thinks fish should be swimming freely, and when she sees fish in home aquariums it stresses her out, and then said something about Darwin, but I'd kinda tuned her out by that point, but she seemed very impassioned about whatever she was saying.

"So could we maybe just go look at a fish?" I asked an hour later at dinner.

She paused. "Um, perhaps I wasn't clear earlier..."

But she took one for the team and agreed to go with me, and although the pet stores were closed, I was convinced Wal-Mart would have them because I've actually bought several fish at Wal-Mart over the years.

They didn't have fish, but they did have a dual package of Sister Acts 1 & 2 on DVD, which I'm somewhat mortified to admit has provided an evening of entertainment in the form of a sing-a-long of our favorite scenes in both movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you know how to hyphenate "Wal-Mart" appropriately. That's hot.