Sunday, January 6, 2008

People are lazy.

I guess at this point in my life, I shouldn't be shocked by the laziness of Americans. But I feel that in the past few weeks, I've seen things that have astounded me.

For starters, I ordered new checks from Washington Mutual. I have ordered checks for thirteen of my 29 years on this planet. They arrive in a box that looks like it contains four pads of checks, and a register. However, this was not the case last week. The package I received was flat and contained a box that I had to build myself, and was surprisingly difficult to assemble. The thought occurred to me that perhaps they did this to thwart identity theft. But my package still looked like it contained everything it did, so I'm not sure they're fooling anyone with their new packaging. So I'm chalking that up to WaMu not wanting to waste time and money on check box development.

I also saw a commercial for a pair of scissors that cut things electrically. You just hold them, and there's absolutely no moving of your hands whatsoever. Seriously? They're SCISSORS, people. "But I'm arthritic," you say. And I say, use an exacto. The thing that killed me was that the demonstration in the commercial showcased the brilliance of wonder-scissors, by showing how quickly they cut...wrapping paper. Last time I checked, there's not really any cutting involved with wrapping paper. You just put it in the crux of your scissors and slide them along, right?

Then I went to Linens & Things, and there was a girl wandering around without any pants on, and a shirt that just BARELY covered her ass. I should mention it was quite cold outside, which probably explains her leg warmers.

And we all know leg warmers are just a lazy excuse for pants.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You saw Britney Spears at Linens-n-Things?

Anonymous said...

Please make more blogs!!

Anonymous said...

*more entries

allejay said...

I thought the same thing the other day when I was in Crate & Barrel buying a sifter. There are the ones that have a clicker part inside the handle that you repeatedly press down like a gas nozzle. Then there are the cool ones with the handle that sticks out at a 90* angle and you hold the handle, flicking your wrist back and forth. Then there are electric ones! Seriously. Electric sifters. It just seems that if opening/closing your fingers or flicking your wrist is too much physical activity for you, maybe, just maybe, food isn't what you need to be around right now.